Kristi E. Graham
Colfax County Assessor
230 North 3rd Street
Raton, NM 87740
Cell Phone: (575) 447-0215
7:00 am to 5:30 pm
Monday - Thursday
Open during lunch hour
MISSION and GOALS
- Find, list, and value residential, commercial, vacant, and business personal property for ad valorem tax purposes.
- Notify property owners of their assessed property values
- Prepare the county property real-property and personal-property tax rolls for the Colfax County Treasurer
- Limitation on Increase in Value (Low income freeze for 65 and over or disabled)
- Ensuring these activities are both accurate and timely result in fair and equitable assessment of real and personal property at a reasonable cost and a well-maintained, current tax base upon which local government can base tax levies.
7-36-1-A. (paraphrased) The Colfax County Assessor is responsible and has the authority for the discovery and valuation of all property subject to valuation for property taxation purposes in the county, except the property specified by Subsections B and C of this section.
For property record search click here