The Colfax County Administration is composed of many departments, which, together comprise the many administrative arms of Colfax County. Select any department on the drop-down menu to visit that department's page.
Colfax County Manager
230 North 3rd Street
Raton NM 87740
Phone: (575) 445-9661
Fax: (575) 445-2902
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 1498
Job Functions and Responsibilities of County Manager
In performing required duties, the County Manager will report directly to and be evaluated by the Board of County Commissioners.
- Enforce all ordinances, rules, regulations, and policies enacted by the County Commission.
- Implements all County policies.
- Makes recommendations to the commission on all matters concerning the welfare of the County.
- Represents the County in regard to local, regional, state, and Federal activities of concern to the County.
- Develops and submits the annual budget, prepares supporting justification for presentation to the commission, advise the commission on the financial statute and needs of the county.
- Attends all meetings of the commission unless excused by the commission, serve as an ex-officio member of such boards, commission, committees or authorities as directed by the commission.
- Serve as Public Information Officer.
- Performs other duties as prescribed by the commission.
- Prepares such contracts, grants, and commitments as may be authorized by the commission or by established policies.
- Plans, organizes, and directs programs and services; evaluates results and recommends policies, procedures and actions to achieve County goals.
- Gives guidance on matters of program, personnel management, budget and legal responsibility.
- The County Manager maintains relationships with other community organizations, government agencies, and other organizations, government agencies, and other organizations as are desirable or necessary in the best interest of the County and in conformity with the overall objectives and policies of the County.
- Ability to express oneself clearly and effectively in oral and written form.
- Ability to plan and implement an effective personnel management system with a strong emphasis on team building.
- Proven leadership abilities with strong persuasiveness and presentation skills.
- Knowledge of modern principles, methods, and techniques of Administration and program planning.